RE: On Internet and social responsibility

  • From: Greg Mirsky
  • Date: Mon Sep 17 09:11:47 2001

Sorry, but I want to point out that Vadim (and I'll second his opinion) was
talking about a particular site www.Kavkaz.org which is set by Chechen
terrorists (sorry again, I wouldn't call them "rebels" since it an insult to
those who rebel for cause).
Last time I've checked Chechnya was not part of USA and thus none of them is
a US citizen unless there are mercenaries. If that's the case then why
you're talking about Freedom of Speech and First Amendment? How it's
applicable to foreign terrorist organization that uses American company to
spread its ideas? Or perhaps you're more tolerable to Chechen terrorists
using American info-space then if it would be bin Laden using it? Would your
company host a site that posts Laden's fatwahs (sp?)? Would you provide them
with 24*7 customer support? If not, please try to explain to me, where's
difference?

	Regards,
		Greg