Qwest Statement (was Re: information on 60 hudson / 140 west st ?)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Sep 17 03:24:17 2001

dan kelley writes:
> right.  i think that info is form their site.  they
> claim that they're working diligently to install new
> lines to circumvent 140 west.  what i haven't heard
> (and couldn't get them to say) is when they think
> they'll have the first coulpe of OC-48s installed.

I'm not sure why Qwest is being so closed-mouth about
the status of their network.  Qwest told Network World
they had no damage to their network.

http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2001/0917attacks.html
   "Qwest Communications and WorldCom say their networks
    were not affected by the attacks."

I'd think it would be remarkable that any major carrier
with service in New York City didn't experience some
impact this week.