RE: On Internet and social responsibility

  • From: Andy Walden
  • Date: Sat Sep 15 18:54:43 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> > Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
> > prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
> > or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
> > petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
>
> I believe we were talking about the custom/concept of free speech as
> [supposedly practiced in the U.S.] opposed to the Constitutional "Free
> Speech".

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a difference. Basically my point is that
if I restrict what you say, its not a violation of Freedom of Speech, only
if the Government restricts speech.

Btw, I would only try to restrict speech if it was directed towards me and
not welcome.

andy

--
PGP Key Available at http://www.tigerteam.net/andy/pgp