Re: telehouse - 25 broadway

  • From: JC Dill
  • Date: Sat Sep 15 16:27:28 2001

On 12:59 PM 9/15/2001 -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:

>On Sat, 15 September 2001, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
>> Not to mention, cooling the radiator won't help at all, considering it's
>> the water pump that failed.
>
>It was a suggestion based on incomplete information. Originally I didn't
>know whether it was overheating due to debris and dust clogging the radiator
>or mechanical failure. You are correct, it wouldn't help a failed water
>pump.

However, if the water pump failed due to high temperatures caused by a radiator that wasn't cooling efficiently, cooling the radiator by pouring cold water over it before the generator failed might have prevented the failure in the first place. Therefore.... if you are running your generator in conditions where air cooling might be compromised, think about ways to keep that generator cool *before* it has a heat related or air-flow related failure.

jc