Re: On Internet and social responsibility

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Sat Sep 15 16:09:41 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> And do what exactly?  They have every right to speak, even if you don't
> happen to like the message.

Hmmm :) Now, are those the same people who set up firewalls?  It's
restricing free speech of crackers, you know?  Where's your williness to
give them "every right to speak"?

You're a hypocrite.

Now, when did slander become a protected speech?

Learn laws of your own country _before_ you try to teach the rest of the
world how to live by them.  The right to speak freely assumes the
necessity to bear responsibility for what you said.  In that particular
case there's an unambiguous attempt to incite a major international
conflict by misplacing blame for the heinous crime.  This is a dangerous
form of slander, souring relationships of two large nations; not just
innocent ravings of a deranged.

Now, let me tell you how it looks like from Russia: US is asking for help
in dealing with terrorists, but does not want to curtail it's own support
for terrorists waging a full-blown war on Russia.  This is the message
millons of people there get by the very fact of that site's existance.

Does anyone have questions on why Russia's support for the proposed
anti-terrorist strikes by NATO is lukewarm?

--vadim

PS	BTW, if you do not understand yet, those guys are not kittens,
	they are confirmed terrorists.  And I'm putting my life to risk
	for daring to raise the question of getting their propaganda
	mouthpiece down.