RE: front sight [OT]

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Fri Sep 14 22:15:28 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Dennis Hartmann wrote:

>     I'm a bit ignorant in this respect, but wouldn't shooting a gun in an
> airplane risk depressurizing the plane and/or shooting innocent people on
> the flight?  This doesn't sound like much of a solution.  Maybe we can equip
> pilots with chinese stars, nunchucks, and commando knives????????   Would
> that work?  Does that sounds ridiculous?  I think so.

Sure, shooting in a plan can cause all sorts of problems, especially if
the shooter misses or the bullet over-penetrates and ends up punching a
hole in the plan or a passenger...but if the worst case scenario is you
cause the plan to crash, which would you prefer?  Crash the plan in some
random place, perhaps killing all the people onboard and possibly _some_
people on the ground, or crash the plain into some densely populated
structure killing everyone onboard and _thousands_ of people on the
ground?

As for Front Sight, I've never been there, but I've heard from others that
it's "the real deal" and well worth the time and/or money.  They offer a
free submachine gun course, I suspect because it gets people in the door
and they realize "this is a great place to train" and they sign up for
other courses.

> 	Everyone is angry and wants to be protected, but do we want to become a
> society where we need to carry our AK-47s to the grocery store to pick up
> milk?  Great Britian police don't carry firearms...

So how do Great Britian police deal with violent armed criminals?  Unarmed
police seems pretty crazy to me.  What kind of nut takes a job in law
enforcement where your only weapons are a stick and a radio?

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |