Re: slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Sep 14 17:43:17 2001

"Robert E. Seastrom" wrote:

> Marshall Eubanks <[email protected]> writes:

> > > Seconded.  Ping response times or lack of ping response from routers
> > > signifies *nothing*.  Ditto for traceroutes, &c.  Ping *through* the
> > > router, not *to* the router.
> >
> > We do streaming, and this causes a freeze up both in and out bound.
> > In bound there seem to be losses. Outbound all is buffered and nothing is
> > lost.
>
> pinging the router causes a freeze-up?  or the router is freezing up
> on bgp updates every n seconds?  platform/release ?
>
>                                         ---rob

Dear Rob;

I said nothing about pings. The router is freezing (or at least slowing a lot) every
67.5 +- 3 seconds. We this for both inbound and outbound - outbound things are
buffered but inbound they seem to be lost.

A Cisco 7204 running Version 12.2(2)T1

--
                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : [email protected]
http://www.on-the-i.com

Test your network for multicast : http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
 Check the status of multicast in real time :
 http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html