Re: slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner

  • From: Jesper Skriver
  • Date: Fri Sep 14 16:41:19 2001

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 11:50:40AM -0700, tang bing wrote:

> Thank you for all your replys ! Sorry for the lack of more info .
> There are 12000s, with 12.0+ IOS , has one or more EBGP peers and 10+
> IBGP . Customer gave us continuous ping and pinpoint this 60s thing .

ping's to the router will show this, and cannot be used for anything,
what about end to end traffic ?

> I think Chris Konger is right . We will put more memory and enable CEF
> on the line cards to see if its better .

The 12000's cannot run without CEF, so you have that enabled, and
the amount of memory on the LineCards doesn't affect this.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)