Re: More CNN reports... [OT]

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 16:25:15 2001

At 02:28 PM 9/13/2001, Larry Beaulieu wrote:

> ADM Yamamoto: "I fear we will awaken a sleeping
> giant". Terrorists: "History repeats itself..."

As an FYI, although this statement fairly accurately portrayed
his personal opinion according to people who knew him personally,
its actual attribution to Admiral Yamamoto was throughly debunked
years ago. It was a writer's creation for the movie "Tora Tora Tora".
Your source, please? I've seen the quote (which I paraphrased, it's longer) many times in many "official" sources; and seen nothing to disavow it.

Dean Robb
www.PC-Easy-va.com
On-site computer services
Member, ICANN At Large