Re: Analysis from a JHU CS Prof

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 13:58:26 2001

At 02:43 PM 9/12/2001, you wrote:

Many really small regional airports allow you to board without going through
metal detectors/bag x-rays. Once you get off the plane at the
destination(larger airport) you're behind the "secure" zone, and can also
board another flight without going through one.

Even larger airports have lax security. I had a warranty contract to repair on a case-by-case some 'Net access kiosks at Norfolk International (VA) near the gates and never had to produce a work order or any other proof of who I was or what I was doing there. Just told the security folks, "I'm supposed to work on those" and pointed down the hall. And there I went, large black bag and all...

Dean Robb
www.PC-Easy-va.com
On-site computer services
Member, ICANN At Large