Re: More Assistance available

  • From: Strata Rose Chalup
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 13:49:09 2001

I've added Rob's new site (tx, Rob!) to the list I'm keeping, which
so far includes just that site, the WSTA site, and the Nanog archives.

http://kgate.virtual.net/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?action=Browse&id=TechAssistance

I'm also mirroring the major infrastructure updates by Sean D and
others as they come out, including the rumor control updates and
press releases.  Please feel free to cc any material directly to
me as well.

http://kgate.virtual.net/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?action=Browse&id=TelecomInfoforISPs

SRC

Rob Pickering wrote:

> I'm sitting on the other side of the Atlantic, able to offer little
> practical assistance (although I do know of a couple of spare racks in
> Telehouse London which we would be happy to host servers etc in, and I
> can provide local (to London) and remote UNIX sysadmin).
>
> What I have done though is spend a few hours putting together a site at:
> http://www.sourcedest.org/resourcelist.rhtm
> to help coordinate some of the help offers.
>
> Anyone can sign up to post offers of assistance which are then listed on
> the site.
>
> I'll add some smarts to the listings page later today/tomorrow to do
> searching by skill/service/location etc, but it's there to start
> populating up now.
>
> I'm very happy to crunch through the various offers posted to this list
> and paste them into the DB, but I'm not sure about how the folks who
> posted them would feel about me copying their nanog posts.
>
> Please mail me off-list if you want me to do this, or go to the site,
> sign up, and post it there yourself.
>
> --
>         Rob Pickering.
>
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Folks, As you begin rebuilding in NY and DC, I'd also like to offer up my
> > assistance to anyone who can use it.  I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, but
> > would be happy to do anything I can to help you remotely.  I'm quite familiar
> > with Cisco, Sun and x86.  Reply off list if there's anything I can do.
> >
> > -Jeff

Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/
 ** Project Management & Architecture for ISP/ASP Systems Integration **