Re: More Assistance available

  • From: Rob Pickering
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 13:21:24 2001

I'm sitting on the other side of the Atlantic, able to offer little practical assistance (although I do know of a couple of spare racks in Telehouse London which we would be happy to host servers etc in, and I can provide local (to London) and remote UNIX sysadmin).

What I have done though is spend a few hours putting together a site at:
http://www.sourcedest.org/resourcelist.rhtm
to help coordinate some of the help offers.

Anyone can sign up to post offers of assistance which are then listed on the site.

I'll add some smarts to the listings page later today/tomorrow to do searching by skill/service/location etc, but it's there to start populating up now.

I'm very happy to crunch through the various offers posted to this list and paste them into the DB, but I'm not sure about how the folks who posted them would feel about me copying their nanog posts.

Please mail me off-list if you want me to do this, or go to the site, sign up, and post it there yourself.

--
Rob Pickering.

[email protected] wrote:

Folks, As you begin rebuilding in NY and DC, I'd also like to offer up my
assistance to anyone who can use it.  I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, but
would be happy to do anything I can to help you remotely.  I'm quite familiar
with Cisco, Sun and x86.  Reply off list if there's anything I can do.

-Jeff