Re: Totally OT, sorry; was (Re: Lack of Security)

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 12:52:33 2001

> At 11:52 AM 9/13/2001, John Fraizer wrote:
> >The same goes for rental cars/trucks.
>
> And I think we need to concern ourselves about the response the first time
> a terrorist uses his rented Honda Accord to drive a trunkload of explosives
> into a restaurant, sports arena or monument/landmark...
>
> I don't know how we address that kind of threat.

Well, "we" don't.  "We" operate network infrastructure or stand in various
supporting roles (R&E etc.)  If you'd like to be effective, then get
to know people around you. Open, caring consideration of others as
unique, marvelous human beings will do wonders. Fostering communication
and understanding is our best hope.

--bill