RE: Don't blame Intelligence or Security Agencies.....

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 12:22:17 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Hire, Ejay wrote:

> I cannot begin to express how happy I am that the terrorists did not elect
> to carry-on a briefcase full of Anthrax or Botulinum Toxin.  This would have
> easily magnified the effects of the disaster exponentially.
>
> Thought for the day:
> Botulinum Toxin is a bio-chemical weapon so powerful that 1 pound (properly
> distributed) would easily obliterate the eastern Seaboard.  Manufacturing
> this "Mega-Weapon" is only slightly more complex than making liquor.
>
> -eh

Bio-chemical weapons have not been seen very often because of the
complex delivery systems required for effective use.  A briefcase full of
nearly ANYTHING non-explosive would have a hard time surviving.  Believe
it or not, Anthrax doesn't deal well with huge fireballs.

With that said, I'm also very glad that bio-chem was not deployed.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc