Re: More CNN reports...

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 10:33:08 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, David Charlap wrote:

> Roeland Meyer wrote:
> >
> > I'm impressed. From all of the reports, the appearance is that
> > they've managed to empty most of the building in less than 10
> > minutes.
>
> According to:
> 	http://www.foxnews.com/images/36149/1_22_wtc_layout.jpg
>
> There was 18 minutes between the first crash and the second.  People in
> the second tower who began evacuation as soon as they saw the first
> crash had enough time to get out (or at least below the level of the
> fire from the second crash), if they moved quickly.

Actually, when the first plane hit 1WTC (south), within 3 minutes there
was a PA announcement over the loudspeakers of 2WTC (north). The statement
was, more or less, 'there was an incident in 1WTC, and everything is fine
at 2WTC; you may return to your offices'. How do I know this? I heard it
over the phone when I called someone in 2WTC after the 1WTC incident.

The good news is that most people ignored the PANYNJ and evacuated the
building anyway.