Re: Re: Rumor Control, Indeed (was: Re: Rumor Control: Re: 60 hudson may collapse..

  • From: Frank Coluccio
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 04:01:48 2001

On the construction of 60 Hudson, Perry Piermont wrote:

>>It is not a windowless telecom building -- it was
originally a western union office building that slowly
evolved into its current role.<<

Good point, 60 Hudson is not windowless <except, in parts, where the windows have
been plugged up ;> But from my recall of its details it was built to the
same 'fortress-like' standards as 32 Sixth Avenue and other classical telco-grade
buildings of the era. But true, its design precedes windowless COs by about
thirty years ;)