RE: Analysis from a JHU CS Prof

  • From: Ron Buchalski
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 00:25:21 2001

During an interview this evening on NBC, Tom Brokaw asked Donald Rumsfeld (Sec. of Defense) whether the US Military would be willing to provide security personnel on commercial jets. He responded that US Military personnel are trained for war, not to be security or police, and would not be deployed as security for commercial airlines.

-rb