RE: Lack of Security

  • From: Keith Woodworth
  • Date: Thu Sep 13 00:14:34 2001

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Mathias Körber wrote:

|+
|+| Can someone explain to me how only allowing ticketed passengers past
|+| security checkpoints is going to accomplish anything toward increased
|+| security?  The only thing I can even dream of is that it will reduce the
|+| number of people passing the checkpoints.
|+
|+And thus reduce the number of people and bags etc that need to be checked,
|+which will allow for more time to do thorough checks.
|+Why is it important that non-passengers be able to get all the way to the gate?
|+

Being in Canada and traveling to the US on occasion I was suprised the
first time I went and found that non-passengers could get to the gate
by just passing through security the same as passengers.

Yet in Canada, only passengers with valid tickets/boarding passes can get
through security, which seems a lot more sane to me at least.

Keith