Re: More CNN reports...

  • From: M. David Leonard
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 19:25:18 2001

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, David Charlap wrote:

> There was 18 minutes between the first crash and the second.  People in
> the second tower who began evacuation as soon as they saw the first
> crash had enough time to get out (or at least below the level of the
> fire from the second crash), if they moved quickly.

	Point of information: my son Nathan had begun evacuation
procedures from the 58th floor in tower 2 shortly after the first crash
but when he reached the 44th floor (via the stairway) the PA system
announced that there was no emergency in that tower and people could
return to their offices.  He took the elevator back up to 58 and was in
the midst of returning a phone call when the tower lurched from the
impact of the second plane.  This time the evacuation continued without
interruption.  I believe it took them ~12 minutes from the 58th floor to
exit the structure.

					David Leonard
					ShaysNet