RE: World Trade Center attack

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 04:46:13 2001

I minor nit but the correct statement was ...

"We will make no differentiation between the terrorists and those whom may
harbor them".

The point being that he didn't use the word "State". However, it was
definitely implied.

I particularly like the line from this morning ...

"We will hunt down and punish those who are responsible." That is a direct
restatement of a common phrase, "We will hunt down and kill ..." which is
what I take to have actually been on his mind. I don't know about y'all, but
I *like* that sort of thinking, in this case.

|> It's time to kick terrorist ass and chew bubblegum and we're
|> ALL OUT OF
|> BUBBLEGUM! (He didn't say that but, you can read between the lines.)

The problem is that we are lacking a target. Our Advanced Target Acquisition
System (CIA) has been wandering around, minus a pair (what happened to all
those '60's and '70's super spooks?) Meanwhile the FBI has been diddeling
with CALEA (and mis-placing evidence), rather than doing its job. 'tis a
fine fix we're in ... Dick Dastardly on the outside and the Keystoned Kops
on the inside.