Re: Additional Power Outages in Lower Manhattan

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 02:57:54 2001
On 11 Sep 2001, Sean Donelan wrote:

> There are several telco hotels near and within those bounderies, but I
> don't have specific information about individual buildings.

Telehouse at 33 Whitehall and 25 Broadway should fall within those
boundaries.  This message is reaching you via 25 Bway pipes, but Thouse
says they are on generator power and have not let on how much fuel they
have.  They apparently still have staff there, which is kind of scary
considering how close to the towers they are.

32 Old Slip houses (at least) an ATT local services switch (ex-tcg,
ex-acc), Focal, and GlobalNaps.  We lost PRIs and backhauls at about 5:45
p.m.  The last Focal person I spoke with said the building was evacuated
this morning (it's actually quite far from WTC, relatively speaking).
Apparently whatever generator power they have has to be manually
activated.

That's all I know of in that area, any others?

Charles