Re: World Trade Center attack

  • From: Chris Adams
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 01:41:22 2001

Once upon a time, Jason Legate <[email protected]> said:
> http://www.redstone.army.mil/threatcon_alert/

That is Redstone Arsenal at Huntsville, Alabama (where I live), which is
the home of the Aviation and Missile Command.  They just got a new
commander yesterday (today's ceremonies were obviously cancelled).  The
only thing I have head about the status there was around noon from
someone at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center (located on the Arsenal)
said that the Arsenal was at threatcon Charlie.

Normally, the gates are manned by MPs only part of the time (the rest of
the time is more or less rent-a-cops).  At this time, I believe only two
gates are open and they are fully manned by armed MPs, performing full
inspections of all vehicles.  Everyone must have a badge and some
additional photo ID.
--
Chris Adams <[email protected]>