Re: Horrible world trade center crash, traffic effect

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 01:22:48 2001

I can absolutely deny that.  What caused this rumor was two sonic booms
caused by jet fighter aircraft that were scrambling to escort Air Force
1. (It passed directly over my house with the escorts)  There was ALSO a
grass fire behind the VA hospital.  When people who are unfamiliar with
sonic booms and air crashes hear the booms, see the smoke from the grass
fire, they assume that it's a crash.

We heard the rumor as well.  I confirmed with an onsite observer at the VA
Hospital with the Central Ohio Amateur Radio Emergency Service.  There was
NO CRASH at Dayton.

---
John Fraizer, KC4KGU
EnterZone, Inc