RE: World Trade Center attack

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Wed Sep 12 00:31:06 2001

http://www.cleveland.com/focuson/news/index.ssf?/news/more/ap/09newhijack11.
html

By PAUL SINGER Associated Press Writer
9/11/01

CLEVELAND (AP) - A Delta flight from Boston was forced to land Tuesday at
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport because of fears it had been
hijacked, city officials said. Although authorities had been worried that
there might be a bomb on board, no explosives were found.

The Federal Aviation Administration had been informed at 9:45 a.m. of a
possible hijacking of a plane headed for Cleveland, said FBI spokesman Mark
Bullock.

Flight 1989 to Los Angeles was not hijacked but was grounded by Delta
because it was in the same flight pattern as a plane that was hijacked and
struck the World Trade Center in New York, Bullock said.

The Delta plane landed in Cleveland about 10:45 a.m. Tuesday with 78
passengers aboard, airport officials said.

FBI spokesman Bob Hawk said that since the Delta plane left Boston about the
same time as one of the hijacked planes, passengers were being interviewed
to see if they saw anything unusual Tuesday morning.

After the plane landed, the passengers were evacuated and the plane was
searched for about three hours, airport officials said.

The airport was closed and bomb-sniffing dogs were brought to baggage pickup
areas.

"There was no bomb, and no hijacking," White said Tuesday afternoon. "The
measures that were taken were taken as precautionary measures."

  Eric Germann                                        CCTec
  [email protected]                                 Van Wert OH 45801
  http://www.cctec.com                                Ph:  419 968 2640
                                                      Fax: 603 825 5893

"It is so easy to miss pretty trivial solutions to problems deemed
complicated.  The goal of a scientist is to find an interesting problem,
and live off it for a while.  The goal of an engineer is to evade
interesting problems :)"  -- Vadim Antonov <[email protected]> on NANOG

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Germann;Eric
FN:Eric Germann
ORG:CCTec
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(419) 968-2640
TEL;WORK;FAX:(603) 825-5893
ADR;WORK:;;17780 Middle Point Road;Van Wert;OH;45891;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:17780 Middle Point Road=0D=0AVan Wert, OH 45891=0D=0AUnited States of Americ=
URL:http://www.cctec.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[email protected]
REV:20010529T013421Z
END:VCARD