Re: Early morning network maintenance 4am EDT

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 23:56:03 2001

At 01:46 PM 9/11/2001 -0700, you wrote:

There was a big bounce on Internet routes about 4am EDT this morning,
several hours before the plane crashed into the World Trade Center.

Where any major providers or carriers doing network maintenance this
morning on the east coast?

I'm trying to distinguish between network problems due to maintenance
and the plane crash.
Verizon has been upgrading their frame relay switches across the northeast this entire week. I'm not sure how much of this maintenance has been rescheduled now. When I called the Verizon DNCC this morning at 4:00AM when almost all of our NJ frame circuits disappeared, they stated they are doing one state per night this entire week from 3AM to 6AM. They said they were surprised I wasn't notified and they said that apparently nobody else was either based on the volume of calls received vs. when maintenance is properly announced . Everything was back up by 6:00AM.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot