Re: World Trade Center attack

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 22:39:50 2001

>On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 10:46:24AM -0700, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:
>>
>> The USA is currently in state Delta, highest alertness state as if War has

>> been declared. (Based on report on Fox News in the last 5 minutes)

ThreatCon Delta (how its called in the Navy at least)
means that your base is either under attack, or an
attack is likely.

This has nothing directly to do with DEFCON's - which
relate to readiness for war, not local attack.

I heard that all bases in the DC area are in
ThreatCon Delta.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

>Correct.  FP (Force Protection) Condition Delta is the highest alert.
>Though I've heard it's only the US East coast posts that are at Delta;
>I've had reports that most overseas bases are at Charlie.  FPCon is a
>localized alert state and will vary by location.
>
>DEFCON 2 has been reached, I believe.
>
>DEFCON 1 does not necessarily equate automatically to war, however.  It
>is merely the maximum level of force readiness.
>
>--
>Mark C. Langston
>[email protected]
>Systems & Network Admin