Re: Verizon COs affected by WTC damage?

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 21:39:37 2001

At 04:23 PM 9/11/2001 -0400, you wrote:
Verizon has/had a CO (NYCMNYST) in the South Tower of the Trade Center.
I would guess this is now destroyed.  Does anyone know where exactly in
the tower or complex the CO was?  They also had sales/administrative
offices there on a couple of floors there.

Covad is reporting that the West Street CO, near the WTC (NYCMNYWS, 140
West Street) currently has services affected due to a fire in the
building.  Has anyone else heard about a fire there?
I just received this from one of the CLECs we use in NYC:

"It seems that a Verizon Building in NYC has collapsed amid the wake of problems surrounding the WTC. As of right now the damage is not fully assessed, please bear with us and Verizon at this time, there is not much many can do amid this crisis."

I hope all their people and the firefighters made it out ok.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot