Re: World Trade Center attack

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 20:19:59 2001

On Tue, 11 September 2001, Bill Woodcock wrote:
> FWIW, I'm getting the voice-telco equivalent of an ICMP
> administratively-prohibited when trying to place voice calls from San
> Francisco to Moscow on AT&T LD.  I'm curious whether this is a generalized
> policy or whether I'm just encountering a specific failure with a
> mis-matched error message.

Network Management Controls (i.e. call gapping) seem to be in effect for
most international destinations.  I don't think all calls are blocked, just
1 in N are getting a blocked recording on the first switch instead of going
through the entire network.  Sometimes if you use a different carrier
(10-10-xxx) you'll get around the NMC.