Re: cnn.com cuts graphics (fwd)

  • From: Steve Bellovin
  • Date: Tue Sep 11 15:46:08 2001

Reposted with permission.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:19:02 -0400
From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <[email protected]>
To: Steve Bellovin <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: cnn.com cuts graphics

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:39:56AM -0400, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> cnn.com has switch to very low graphics, in a very good response to the
> congestion they have to be experiencing.

CNN.com has had a graceful degradation process in place for some years,
but this is the hardest I've *ever* seen them cut it (logo and text;
that's it.)

Google also has a cached version of an earlier page, with a front page
link.

(I'm not on-list at the moment; feel free to repeat)

Cheers,
- -- jra
- --
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]

   "Usenet (and fanfic): it's enough to make you loose your mind."
     -- me

------- End of Forwarded Message

				  http://www.wilyhacker.com