Re: Where NAT disenfranchises the end-user ...

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Sun Sep 09 17:51:13 2001

On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 05:38:30PM -0400, Bob K wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Jared Mauch wrote:
>
> > 	I think you are obviously missing the point that people
> > use nat to prevent inbound connections as part of their security
> > measures.
>
> Every firewall I've ever seen allows you to do the exact same thing
> without NAT.

	I was speaking to the fact that the only use for nat is
lack of v4 space.  I'm not saying that other products don't provide
the security features that some people use NAT for.

	Let me reprhase my inital statement, "In most cases i've seen
where someone is using NAT it's part of a security policy and not due
to lack of available address space".

	- jared