Re: Where NAT disenfranchises the end-user ...

  • From: Bob K
  • Date: Fri Sep 07 01:09:09 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Bora Akyol wrote:

> Bob
> I am not supporting NAT here, but
> most common IPSEC implementations including Free S/WAN work fine behind
> NAT.
>
> Bora

I stand corrected after perusing http://jixen.tripod.com/#NATed%20gateways
- although I'm not sure I'd describe that as working "fine", but rather
"can be made to work, in a narrow set of circumstances".  It should be
noted that the Free S/WAN docs explicitly recommend against trying it.

--
Bob <[email protected]> | Yes.  I know.  That is, indeed, *not* mayonnaise.