RE: Request for advice: tools

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Thu Sep 06 14:06:24 2001

http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

|> -A DNS zone file editor. It must be CGI, allow for forward
|> and reverse
|> entries, and able to handle odd mappings (IE IN MX 32
|> mail.foo.bar, etc).

It let's you edit the raw zone files.

|> -A Cisco config builder. Preferably in CGI, but command line
|> would be
|> acceptable as well. Basically something that allows me to
|> make changes in
|> routers and either mirror them on a lot of other routers, as well as
|> displaying stats and other things in a
|> pointy-haired-boss-friendly manner.

Much easier if you use Webmin as a platform and make a Webmin module for
this. There is a SDK for Webmin. This is an opportunity to give back to the
project.<g>

|> -Any kind of scripts designed with the abuse administrator
|> in mind- IE log
|> parsers, Code Red automailers/procmail scripts, etc etc.

Lots of pre-built options here, with sources that you can modify.

|> All of these tools would be preferred in a GNU or freeware
|> form, but I am
|> interested in all valid options.

It's now on SourceForge.