RE: ATM failure - No the other kind of ATM

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Thu Sep 06 09:24:23 2001

At 10:59 PM 9/5/2001 -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
>|> From: Patrick W. Gilmore [mailto:[email protected]]

>|> I have never set up an ATM that used the Internet.
>
>... and you probably never will either.
>
>[looking fondly at the Wells Fargo listing on the trophy wall.]

As I told someone in private: I dunno. Some banks are pretty stupid. Technically, if previous posts are to be believed, we are already doing bank transfers in clear text e-mail to AOL accounts (i.e. "over the Internet").

And some sales people pour really good Kool Aid about their encryption products.

But let's hope not. :) And certainly not at any bank *I* use. (Knowingly)

--
TTFN,
patrick