Re: What's tool does CW use for performance monitoring?

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Wed Sep 05 22:19:37 2001

it appears to suffer from the same visual scalability problem that
affects all 2d matrices... you're lucky I guess that they don't have twice
as many pops ;)

for what it's worth the nlanr access grid beacon server uses a similar
interface...

http://beaconserver.accessgrid.org:9999/

In either case collecting the data is likely more work than rendering it,
either deploying distributed ping boxes in your pops or getting people to
turn up multicast beacons. it's probably ten minutes worth of C coding
given the raw data to smash it all into a matrix and output the results
with formating (and another 3 hours to debug your while loops so they
don't barf when you add another pop)...

regards
joelja

 On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Yu Ning wrote:

> Hi nanog,
>
> Has anyone seen the C&W SLA/performance monitoring page ?
> The N x N latency and PL matrix is very beautiful.  I wonder if anyone
> know the name of the tool ? Or any tool like it to draw a beautiful table
> like C&W.
>
> http://sla.cw.net/sla/Matrix.jsp?report=T&region=US-US&refresh=300
> http://sla.cw.net/
>

> thanks for your input.
>
> Yu Ning
>
> (Mr.) Yu Ning, Chief Engineer
> ChinaNET(AS4134) Sr. Sup.& New Sev. R&D
> Internet Product Dep. DCB, China Telecom
> Beijing, P.R.China +86-10-62072357/62072354

Joel Jaeggli				       [email protected]
Academic User Services			     [email protected]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.