Re: 220v/50hz power rig

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Wed Sep 05 18:20:16 2001

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 12:35:43PM -0700, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Even better, Workmans Comp will cover your upcoming hospital
> visit.  What you *will* need is a good buddy w/ a baseball bat to stand
> nearby and knock you off the current should you get electrocuted, but
> don't worry about that, it rarely happens. <evil smirk>

speaking of power conversions, here's a couple pics from my travels:

power bar and northamerican plug adapter provided by a 4 star hotel in
Karachi, Pakistan:

http://www.reptiles.org/~jim/pics/2001-02-11/Image21.html

(in order to use this, i was instructed to insert the bare wires into the
socket holes in the wall.  i did so, and it did work, sorta, it crackled
once in a while, i was clued enough to unplug it when i wasn't using it).

power bar, in production, Tehran, Iran

http://www.reptiles.org/~jim/iran/work/Image22.jpg

now, all that aside, these places do have "quality" products, such as
this rackmount power strip i found in Dubai, UAE:

http://www.reptiles.org/~jim/pics/2001-07-04/Image02.html

and at the hardware store they had "normal" power strips, although i still
find the non-north-american power plugs to be quite large and potentially
dangerous.

--
[ Jim Mercer        [email protected]         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]