Re: Upsurge in attacks?

  • From: Joel Baker
  • Date: Tue Sep 04 20:35:40 2001

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 05:54:50PM -0400, Deepak Jain wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed an upsurge in unsophisticated [packet flood, etc]
> attacks since college kids have to their own devices in dorms again this
> year?

I can't speak to the sophistication, but our DoS count has had a strong
upswing. Much to my dismay while on call.

Next law for Colorado to pass: "Make My Network". If they're on your net,
and presenting a threat, you can shoot them in self-defense?
[email protected]              http://www.lightbearer.com/~lucifer