RE: e-mail list use at Akamai, followup

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Tue Sep 04 19:31:30 2001

[stuff deleted]

As it should be.  If only every company could be big enough to stand up and
say "We made a mistake, we learned from that mistake and we'll strive never
to do it again."

I, for one, applaud this.

---

I think the rarest part of your statement is the "learn from the mistake"...
I think one quarter every year of the last several, many companies unlearned
lessons they had learned the year earlier [new crop of sales people or
something]...

After seeing many of the sites I use throwing up pop-up advertisements
[which was considered gauche last year]... I have a feeling this is a losing
battle.

Deepak Jain
AiNET