Re: FIBER CUT: Dallas to West Coast

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Thu Aug 30 02:51:04 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Brian Whalen wrote:

> Agreed, everyone has circuit failures.  I was just making a not so subtle
> reference to the huge multihoming thread going on, by stating that a user
> multihomed with multiple providers gives themselves a better survival

You have to make sure that the different providers you're using are not
sharing any part of their infrastructure though. I've had instances where
both links into a place goes down because they somewhere on the way there
shared who they bought some connectivity/capacity from, or went in the
same pipe or whatever that was severed.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]