Re: What is the limit? (was RE: multi-homing fixes)

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Wed Aug 29 15:22:59 2001

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 03:02:36PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Take a look inside a Juniper router -- you should be pleasantly
> surprised by the very standard CompacPCI processor board you'll find
> inside of it that, among a few other things, does the route
> processing....  and it's running mostly stock FreeBSD no less....  even
> with a root prompt you can get at!

Since several people have brought it up, I work with Junipers on
a daily basis.  They have done some good things, and seem to have
an upper hand in routing performance when compared to Cisco's.
That said, I don't think they are immune to my complaints, and in
fact since they are using a lot of standard parts you'd think they
might be doing lots more than they are...

--
Leo Bicknell - [email protected]
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440