Re: DNS Parser

  • From: smoot
  • Date: Tue Aug 28 22:06:15 2001

> "Deepak Jain" <[email protected]> said:

> Since IP allocations have been such a hot topic lately, I thought I'd ask
> this --
>
> Does anyone know of a simple script that will go through a list of BIND
> primary files, or more and output a list of output like this:

You might find my package "updatehosts" useful.  It manages the DNS as a set
of flat files (e.g. relationally normalized).  It manages reverse zones
automatically.  Included are some tools to convert the zone files into the
flat file format. It is GPLed and available at:

ftp://ftp.tic.com/pub/updatehosts

--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
Consultant