RE: multi-homing fixes

  • From: Mark Radabaugh - Amplex
  • Date: Tue Aug 28 15:48:30 2001

> "Multihomed customers generate LESS technical support rather than
> more?"  Perhaps in an outage instance they do.  When they
> have a routing
> issue, it can become a finger-pointing match between their
> upstreams and
> thus, it generates 100% more technical support for the upstream who
> doesn't have the problem.
>
> ---
> John Fraizer
> EnterZone, Inc

There was a question mark after that statement :-)

So far FUBARS by provider A have not generated any extra technical
support for provider B.  At least in a simple multihome situation it
isn't too hard to tell who is hosing things using online routing tools.
It may generate more traffic to B but I don't see it causing a support
issue.

Mark