Re: multi-homing fixes

  • From: Leo Bicknell
  • Date: Tue Aug 28 10:35:25 2001

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 10:56:51PM -0400, Mark Radabaugh - Amplex wrote:
> The only reason we multihomed to 2xT1 rather than adding additional
> capacity with our first provider lack of clue.  Minimum downtime for ANY

While there is a great lack of clue in many locations, don't forget
the bean counters/marketing/sales.

In an outage, virtually all ISP's prioritize customer restoriation,
and sometimes the quality of the engineer working the incident by
the size of the circuit (which presumably translates into $$$'s,
but that's a whole different tarball).  Thus, one could conclude
that the lowest speed circuits get the "worst" service, and thus
those with the smallest bandwidth needs have the largest need to
multihome.

--
Leo Bicknell - [email protected]
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440