RE: Policy Routing

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Sun Aug 26 07:54:43 2001

> Again, I want to emphasize that I wholeheartedly agree with those who
> have commented on the concept of full disclosure in a scenario such as
> this. I'm just looking for technical opinions on how this can be
> accomplished most effectively.

then you posted to the wrong mailing list.  as you have discovered, this
list is mostly used to air engineers' social, legal, and business opinions.
try a technical/ops list, such as <your-router-vendor>[email protected],
e.g. [email protected] or [email protected]

btw, may i presume you are trying to steer predominantly outbound traffic?
inbound can be steered by only announcing the customer's routes to the
desired provider, though that provides weaker redundancy.  sadly, bgp
offers poor knobs for this, asn prepending is popular, albeit grotty.

randy