RE: multi-homing fixes

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Fri Aug 24 21:55:12 2001

There are excellent graphs on http://www.arin.net/regserv/IPStats.html, now.
Of course, this only shows the North American part of the picture. The brief
summary is an extremely rapid growth in 1999 and 2000, with a much more
modest growth this year.

It would be an interesting "update" presentation at NANOG, if someone (maybe
from ARIN), were to do a combined graphs of all RIR AS number and IP Address
block growth, from ARIN, RIPE, and APNIC. This would also indicate the
timeframe needed for deployment of software to support 4 byte AS numbers.
FYI, recently issued AS numbers have been in the 22XXX area.

- Daniel Golding