Re: multi-homing fixes

  • From: Brian Whalen
  • Date: Fri Aug 24 20:26:15 2001

The global visibility point you address isn't that hard to solve.  Most
service providers you buy service from, if you tell em you're going to
multihome to multiple providers, well they all know that a mask longer
than /24 id to be filtered for sure and will allocate a /24 just based on
multihoming, even if a smaller portion of the ips is all that is needed.
Problems occur when you try to announce the /24 out of classful A or B
space.

Brian "Sonic" Whalen
Success = Preparation + Opportunity