should i publish a list of cracked machines?

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Thu Aug 23 11:54:49 2001

i found one of my boxes was cracked (probably due to the BSD telnetd overflow).

in any case, i found a file in the cracker's directory containing what i think
is a list of other servers which might be hacked.
i think the list also includes the passwords for using the trojan.

on my server, i found a trojan daemon, allowing ssh on an 14000 series port.

i was gonna just post the list of hosts here, but then, maybe not.

what is the appropriate feeling?

--
[ Jim Mercer        [email protected]         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]