RE: Routescience?

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Thu Aug 23 01:04:54 2001

Sorry to respond/add to my own post, but there is another possibility
that I forgot to mention:

Create subinterfaces on the border router(s).  Let's say that I'm
connected to three upstreams, and communicate with the LAN via f0/0.
Assume single border router.

I create f0/0.1, f0/0.2, and f0/0.3, each in separate /30s.  When the
RouteScience box (presumed to operate using WCCP) receives a packet
that it wishes to test, it forwards to the appropriate border router
subint.  The border router sets next-hop to a specific value that
correlates to the ingress f0/0.x subint.

Just don't round-robin packets from the same stream over different
paths. (!)  Unacceptable even for a quick test.

Back to lurkerland,
On to dreamland,
Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence