Re: Measuring PoP to PoP latency--tools to use?

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Wed Aug 22 22:42:20 2001

> There used to be a site somewhere (I think Andover or Keynote sucked up
> the domain, but it was a while ago) that had a very nice little script
> that pinged IP addresses and presented the visitor with average latency
> to those addresses. Looked something like this:
>
> UUNet (x.x.x.x) -> 38 ms (green)
> C&W (x.x.x.x) -> 68 ms (yellow)
> AOL (x.x.x.x) -> 400 ms (red)

ratings.miq.net
www.internetweather.com ?

Actually, the latter seems to have been borged by (was always a part
of?) the former.

It may have also been netcopter.com, which is now dead...

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence