Re: Routescience?

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Wed Aug 22 16:04:03 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Mike Lloyd wrote:

> How precisely we've done it, what kinds of controls we offer, how the
> reporting looks, and ultimately how much it pays off are all things we
> love to talk about, but I'm not sure this is the forum for brick by
> brick architectural inspection.  We have collected a large amount of
> data on the relevant networking effects, and come up with analyses of
> it; some of that might be appropriate at a NANOG meeting, perhaps.

I dunno about the rest of nanog, but I think a technical discussion of how
you implement performance-based route selection would beat the hell out of
the MAPS debate and Code Red discussion...I think, in fact, after touting
your product this much (which was in response, and not unsolicited, thus
relevant), you owe it to us to disclose as much as possible.

Plus, I suspect that either you have something really cool (in which case
I'd love to hear more of the details), or something that is going to be
picked apart by the heavyweights on this list (which would be highly
entertaining).

It's a no lose thread. Let's have it.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access