RE: Measuring PoP to PoP latency--tools to use?

  • From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki
  • Date: Wed Aug 22 12:21:28 2001

I wrote a Perl script using SNMP to collect data from
cisco RPING probes. It is storing and visualizing it later
using RRD libraries.

I am perfectly aware that ICMP echo is not really an efficient
way to measure network latency. It is rather 'IOS kernel ICMP
response' latency monitor.... I had no time to use SAA yet,
which is probably better.

If you are interested in my script drop me a note and I will
forward it to you.

Przemek